About the BLF
MBLC Grant Info
Support the BLF
Library usage: Belmont is tops in the Commonwealth
Belmont residents want more library services than the
current main library can provide, but there is no room to add library
material, computers or programs. Our circulation and traffic statistics
are among the highest in the Commonwealth for many categories.
Belmont Library from Ali Donohue on Vimeo.
Children's and Young Adult figures for 2011
- Children's Department circulation increased
- The summer reading program had 777 children participating
- 9,097 children participated in 257 programs through the year, including over 3,000 at story times
- 300 students attended programs for young adults
General usage statistics for 2011
- Overall circulation was 538,388
- There were 288,329 visits to the library
- 12,150 children, teens and adults attended 750 programs
- Overdrive (downloadable eBooks) checkouts soared to 2,642 from 712 the year before
- New online databases were added, such as Powerspeak Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC) and Career Transitions
Read more about the library's usage in the annual report to the town.